Saturday 22 February 2014

Saturday 22nd February 2014

Evening All,

So, I spent two hours at the allotment this morning and spent some time turning over my two compost bins on my second plot today, they look pretty good. I added some manure to the pile as an activator, so it should be ready by April.



I finally have signs of growth from the carrots I sowed about two weeks ago. You can just about make out a seedling in the middle of the photo is you look hard enough. I think the picture is upside down too. :)



The Rhubarb is progressing nicely, seems to have ignored the horrendous weather we've had of late, and seem to be carrying on business as usual. These should fly along with some decent weather, and I should get a decent pick in the spring.

The Broad Beans that I transplanted last weekend have taken really well, some of them have put on an inch or two in growth, and are almost ready to flower.

The chard that I cut back last week has recovered brilliantly, is looking lush, green with lots of new healthy growth.

I had a look at the overwintering onions that I planted back in November 2013, and they are good, they havent done much, but they have all taken, and they look healthy.


I also planted another Swift Potato in the polytunnel in a 10 litre pot for an early crop. The others I sowed (You can see on YouTube) are yet to show, but the soil is cracking around the potatoes, and I hope that is an indication of something is happening underneath.

That's all from me today. Take Care and Thanks for Reading, Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment